Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
GabbyNicolaou

Cannot attach documents to my email message - just called help line who said you would help

Hi,

For the last week or so I have been unable to attach docs to any emails I am sending.

The lady on the phone said it was something to do with my browser??

Help!!

Thanks - Gabby

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Tbgbe

Re: Cannot attach documents to my email message - just called help line who said you would help

Well,
How are you trying to attach them?
Do you get any error messages?
Is this a single doc or multiple?
How big is the document?
Is it compressed (Zip/7z etc)?
Is it a virginmedia.com address or blueyonder or ntl or..?

And what browser are you using ;-)

TVXL(V+), BB10Mb, Ph(M)
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
GabbyNicolaou

Re: Cannot attach documents to my email message - just called help line who said you would help

Hi,  

Thanks for response.  

Am on Safari (via Apple Mac) browser. Helpline said this may be the problem.

Virgin.net email account.

Under the subject space it says attach a doc which you normally click on then it goes to My Docs. It is not registering the click any more and just doesn't do anything.  

No error messages.  

Just a normal word 1 page doc of an invoice.  

Not compressed.

Hope you can help.

Gabby

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Tbgbe

Well,
Safari (even on a Mac) shouldn't be a problem as long as it is up to date.

From your description, it seems that the problem is on your Mac/Safari where it is not allowing browsing for the file after clicking "attach". I don't think this is a problem with email service as such.

It is a JavaScript function (NOT JAVA), is your Safari configured to allow javascript on the Virgin email site?

Sorry, I don't use Mac (or Safari on Windows), so can't say where in the configuration/settings this might be.

TVXL(V+), BB10Mb, Ph(M)
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Rachael_J

Hi GabbyNicolaou,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

Have been able to resolve the problem be enabling JavaScript as advised by Tbge?

If not could you please let us know which version of Safari and the Mac OS you are using?

Kind Regards,

Rachael J
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Please use plain text.