Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12 (253 Views)

Cannot access virgin media mail

Not being able to access virgin media mail on a daily basis is getting frustrating the service is inconsistent ... When is Virgin Media going to do something about it .. I have been a customer for over 10 years and expect a better service than what i am getting.

0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 2 of 12 (175 Views)

Re: Cannot access virgin media mail

Same here and it is getting worse by the day. (For those reading this, please bear in mind my frustration is about the email service only.)

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12 (102 Views)

I am more used to seeing the 3 dots floating rhythmically on my laptop screen ! when is it going to end ?

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 12 (91 Views)

cheetah wrote:

I am more used to seeing the 3 dots floating rhythmically on my laptop screen ! when is it going to end ?

when you move on and get a working email service like gmail is when.

Virgin don't care, can't / wont fix it. shareholder profits are WAY more important than actually paying for IT help. 

the email budget only covers a forum staff member posting sorry, we're trying real hard to sort this... about once a week.

there's should be another of those arriving any day now.... so keep watching Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 12 (54 Views)

I too have been having intermittent problems for months now. But today I cannot access it at all - it just shows the 3 floating dots! Put in a status query to be told there is an issue with webmail in my area and an engineer has been dispatched to deal with it. But - and get this - their estimated time for completion is midday....on 28th March!!!!! How do they think it is acceptable for their customers to be without email for 5 days???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 6 of 12 (51 Views)

You aren't without e-mail at all. Read the advice in the sticky at the top of this Forum board. Use an e-mail client instead of web mail.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12 (48 Views)

with all due respect that's not really a solution

I access my VM mail via web as my Outlook at work is already configured to access Office365.  I dont want to add another mail profile to Outlook or install another mail client

Is it really too much to ask to just have a working web mail version.  Gmail works pretty much all the time ... this doesnt 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 12 (42 Views)

I hear what you're saying cybmole, but what about the logistics of trying to inform the hundreds of correspondents built up over many years of useage of the same email address to let them know it's changed - or can I transfer my address with me?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 9 of 12 (42 Views)

[ Edited ]

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was solution. I said that if you didn't want to be without e-mail you will have to configure a client for use. The present position with VM web mail is highly unsatisfactory. You have two choices - "moan" which will do nothing to solve the web mail issue; or do something that will work while the problem gets solved by the people who can solve it , VM.

And if you mean the point about GMail do what I did ages ago. Move away from VM for web mail to a non-ISP linked mail service. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 12 (39 Views)

Just seen your reply. Will have a look at the sticky, thanks.
0 Kudos