Menu
kellor
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access my virginmedia email at all

I have been unable to access my virginmedia email account for the last 5 day on my PC. There is nothing wrong with the account because I can still see my mail on my mobile phone.

When I try to access my email, I am able to sign in okay and it appears to be completing the procedure until it gets stuck on https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/#.

I believe that the configuration has possibly been corrupted by a recent Trojan virus that has been removed.

Is anyone able to assist me as I've tried everything that I can think of. Thank you in advance. 

Helpful Answers
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot access my virginmedia email at all

Try repairing or reinstalling Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/318378/how-to-repair-or-reinstall-internet-explorer-in-wind...

It may be useful to install an alternative browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Opera (others are available) for use when IE fails.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

for Internet explorer To open an InPrivate Browsing window, you can either use the Ctrl+Shift+P rather than ctrl+R to see if you can then access email
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Try reloading the web page; either press Ctrl + R or Ctrl + Shift + R to bypass your web browser's cache

0 Kudos
kellor
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Well-informed. Thank you for your quick response. I have tried Ctrl + R several times already and the screen returns to where it was before refreshing. When I try Ctrl + Shift + R there is no effect. Thanks

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What version of Windows are you using, and what browser?

(As an aside: You have flagged a "helpful answer" on this thread. This may prevent other possible solutions not being put forward as it seems you already have a resolution.)

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
kellor
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sololobo. Thanks for the tip - I wasn't aware of the flag as I'm new to this forum.

I am using Windows 7 with Internet Explorer as my browser. Thanks

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try repairing or reinstalling Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/318378/how-to-repair-or-reinstall-internet-explorer-in-wind...

It may be useful to install an alternative browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Opera (others are available) for use when IE fails.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

for Internet explorer To open an InPrivate Browsing window, you can either use the Ctrl+Shift+P rather than ctrl+R to see if you can then access email
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
kellor
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all so much for your assistance. I have been running scans and updating everything I could think of and have now got emails to run. I will however bear these solutions in mind should the problem recur. Thank you all once more. Kelvin

0 Kudos
G4IJL
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is about emails NOT IExplorer

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

G4IJL wrote:

This is about emails NOT IExplorer

But webmail solutions can be affected by issues WITHIN the browser.  Although I will state that Virgin Media's webmail offering does leave a lot to be desired. 

Edit in fact if you read the OP - you'll see that the user stated quite clearly the problems began following a Trojan infection.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos