Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
TomHowe74
Helpful Answer

Cannot access email

[ Edited ]

Having joined Virgin Media 6 weeks ago I have not been able to get to my Virgin email.

I have tried the following web browser to try access from the web, Opera 11.01, Chrome 8 and Firefox 3.6 running on OpenSuse 11.2 Linux. After entered login detials I'm taken to a google page which says

Invalid Email

We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later.

I have also set up Thunderbird email client to try and get to my email account.  This gives the error

Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop3.virginmedia.com responded: Username and password not accepted.

I have sent messages to me email address and have had undeliverable reports saying email address does not exist.

I was told that my email is <removed>@virginmedia.com but this appears to be wrong or not set up.  Please help.

EDIT: Removed personal information.  Should the support team require the email address please use the private messaging system

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: Cannot access email

[ Edited ]

are you confusing zero and letter oh? I am pretty sure those are two zeros in the address. If it won't work you need to get in touch with Customer services.

However I am not sure why you get diverted to a Google page. If I try to log in to webmail with a rubbish address I get the following:

Capture.JPG

Makes me wonder if you are trying to log in from the right place - use the email icon at top right of this page.

One to Watch
TomHowe74

Thanks for the reply.  If I was confusing zero's with letter O then I wouldn't be able to log into my virgin media account with the username part that makes up my email, which I can.  So I'm petty sure it's right.

I am definately logging in from the right place and get the Sign into virgin media page you've attached, but clicking 'sign in' gets this page.

Screenshot-Invalid Email - Mozilla Firefox.png

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

[ Edited ]

so just to be clear:

you can log in to My Virgin Media (via red tab at top of this page)

you can not log in to Virgin email (via Email icon at top of this page)

(It does not help much that both these take you to their respective "sign in" pages which look identical, despite their different functions)

If that is the case, then I would suggest you log in to My Virgin Media, go to manage household accounts, and reset your password, even if you reset it back to the original. Sometimes this unjams things.

One to Watch
TomHowe74

Thanks,

I went to Manage Household accounts and instead created an email alias which is now my primary mailbox.  I now have access to my virgin email using this alias :smileyhappy:

I think that the email address accountname@virginmedia.com doesnt exist (and never did) and I had to create an alias email address to get an email. Everything is working now.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi TomHowe74,

Thanks for letting us know this issue is now resolved.

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.