Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
ovended

'Cannot Get Mail' error message on iPhone

Hi

I was always able to pick up my emails on my iphone until 9th Nov.  Now I get an error message 'Cannot Get Mail' - the mail server 'imap.ntlworld.com' is not responding.  My googlemail is still working so I do not think that the problem is with the phone.  Help!

Debbie

Please use plain text.
coh
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
coh

Re: 'Cannot Get Mail' error message on iPhone

Hi,

I also have an iPhone and my non-Virgin business emails work perfectly, but the ntlworld.com emails have always been problematic and, as with yours, simply stopped working last week.

My original problem with Virgin was that I could receive mail but not send it as the smtp.ntlworld.com didn't work at all. I got round this by using Orange.net to send outgoing and so the emails in & out worked fine - until the outgoing stopped being sent and informed me that the server rejected it as it does not allow relaying. Now, I can't even receive mail and I don't know why!!

The whole Virgin experience must condem them as one of the worse email providers to mobile devices. No one else I know has these sort of problems with their mobile devices. add this to a garbled and sometimes freezing set top box and you have yet another customer ready to walk.

Perhaps one of Virgins tech team would like to look into this matter as ringing the customer service people would be a complete waste of half an hour!

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: 'Cannot Get Mail' error message on iPhone

[ Edited ]

see http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/New-Ntlworld-email-settings/td-p/178911

(assuming you are using IMAP)

The POP settings have also changed, so if you are using POP to send then check the sticky thread at the top (by EricT)