Menu
joanyp
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't send messages on my IPad

Since changing my passwords on  'my virgin media' I am unable to send emails on my iPad. I have tried 'changing' the passwords to the same again using another device and have deleted and reinstated the email addresses on my iPad. Any other suggestions please? Incoming emails are not affected.   I am severely sight impaired and find the VM website a real pain to use. I can't expand the email text on the site so rely on my iPad. 

0 Kudos
joanyp
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send messages on my IPad

Further thought- should I try changing them back to the original passwords?
0 Kudos
Norrie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem some time ago and got the solution here on topic Email on IPhone problem 25/2/2016. ravenstar68 posted a step by step fix on 28/2/2016 and was a quick successful solution.

I tried to copy and paste  it but only text is showing up  so either try to find the topic by date or find through ravenstar 68 posts. I have pasted the text as follows. Hope you find a solution.

Re: Email on Iphone problem [ Edited ]
Post options

on ‎29-02-2016 16:09
Thanks for responding.
The reason I asked is because I was looking at another problem where the user could send over wifi, but not mobile networks.
Based on the following facts.
That you have the same problem over both wifi and mobile.
That you can send from the same account using outlook on a laptop.
I'd be looking at the settings on the Iphone as being the culprit, because smtp works the same way on all devices.
To get to the settings on the IPhone.
Tap the Settings Icon.
On the left side Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Tap the account you are having problems with.  You should end up with something similar to this.

NOTE - ATLTHOUGH MY ACCOUNT IS BLUEYONDER THE SETTINGS ARE VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL.  JUST REPLACE BLUEYONDER.CO.UK WITH YOUR DOMAIN
Tap the account line and a new window will pop up.

Don't change anything on the above screen - just tap SMTP instead.  You'll see the following screen

Tap the primary server name to be taken to the next screen.
Check you settings match what's below.  (As discussed change the domain to the ending of your email address)

What I would do at this point is delete the password and re-enter it.
Tap Done.  If you've followed the advice and re-entered the password, the Iphone will test the outgoing settings.  If successful you'll be returned to the main SMTP screen.
Tap Account to go back to the main screen and then Done.
Give it a try and let us know how you get on.
Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Quick Reply
2 Kudos

Found this answer helpful? Share it!
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share by email

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is a step by step guide from Ravenstar68 here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...