Menu
cliveowen
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't send from Office Outlook 2007

I switched to Virgin broadband on 28th October.  From 15th November, I couldn't RECEIVE  e-mails in Office Outlook 2007.  Then, on 20th December, I started to receive e-mails but then couldn't SEND them from Office Outlook 2007.  All this time I have been able to receive and send from my Hotmail web account.  My e-mail account settings are POP protocol and are POP/SMTP type. Could this in any way be related to your migration of your e-mails service from Google ??  I discovered that Microsoft is in the process of migrating e-mail accounts from Office Outlook to Office 365 and thought,at first,that was the cause of my problem.  The error message I am still getting is 0x800CCC78 which is "Cannot send the message. Requested action aborted. User not authenticated. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.  Server responded 250. 5.7.3"  

As everything was working quite normally until I switched, can you offer any solution??

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't send from Office Outlook 2007

Changing to Virgin Media shouldn't have had any impact to your Microsoft email services.

Can you detail the POP and SMTP settings in Outlook?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Changing to Virgin Media shouldn't have had any impact to your Microsoft email services.

Can you detail the POP and SMTP settings in Outlook?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
cliveowen
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ben, You are quite right. It had nothing to do with Virgin's migration.  In looking up the details of my POP3.live.com (incoming) and SMTP.live.com (outgoing) settings, under the Advanced tab, my POP3  server indicator is 995 and my SMTP server indicator is 587. The incoming server requires encrypted connection (SSL) and the outgoing server is set to use the same encrypted connection (TLS). When I ticked the empty box to confirm this arrangement, I tested the message and found it worked.  No further error messages appeared and I have since been able to send from Office Outlook. So problem solved.  I think you can claim kudos for this by prompting me to look into my Outlook settings.  Of course, we will never know the actual cause of the problem but people on the Microsoft Community web pages, with problems similar to mine, have all indicated that the changes Microsoft is making remain a mystery.

0 Kudos