Menu
Jim26
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't send emails in Outlook since password change

I changed my password last week for my email account.  Since then, I can't send emails using Outlook 2007 on my PC or on Bluemail on my Android phone.  Receiving email is fine.

Is there an issue just now?  I've treble checked the settings with both, but no improvement.  I can send emails using the standard Virgin Webmail page on my PC, but I'd prefer to use Outlook as I was happily before.

Email.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send emails in Outlook since password change

Hi Jim26,

Sorry for not getting to your post before now. But thanks for joining our Community and I hope we can get this sorted for you.

My first question to you may sound obvious (apologies for that) but needs to be asked -  Did you access both Outlook and Bluemail and change the password in the server settings to match the new one?

If the answer is yes, and if this issue persists, would you please attempt to access your emails via webmail? Let me know if that works for you or not so that we can decide what steps to take next.

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

pete1961
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have this issue as well using Outlook 2010. I can access everything ok using webmail but Outlook just keeps prompting with a pop-up box for username and password details

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@pete1961 Stop cross posting.  You already have your own thread.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Jim26
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I eventually got it resolved, after some live chat.  As I no longer have Virgin Broadband, I am no longer entitled to a virgin.net email address, and so my email address is being closed (rather that it being a password issue).

Bit of a bummer after using this email address for 15 years, but c'est la vie.

0 Kudos