Menu
HowieP
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't read email in Firefox

About 3 weeks ago I became unable to sign into my Virgin email box using Firefox. When I try to do so all I get is either a blank screen or a Forbidden message. If I do exactly the same thing in Chrome I can open my emails without problems. I want to get this fixed please. How?
I have a blueyonder email address.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't read email in Firefox

Delete the Firefox browser cache and any cookies referring to blueyonder and virginmedia.

If you need instructions use your preferred search engine.
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Firefox and VM webmail do interact oddly at times...

I find that if I open the webmail login page in the first tab, it works fine and fast with no blank screen, and the mail appears promptly.

However, if I open the webmail login page in the second/third/etc tab, it'll probably need a Ctrt+F5 refresh to get it loaded properly, and after login it'll need another refresh or two to make the mail page load fully.

I see that behaviour consistently across all Windows operating systems at my disposal. I reported a similar issue on this forum quite some time ago and it didn't generate much interest.

I haven't yet been able to suss if it's a FF or a VM problem. Maybe it's both? It sure isn't neither!

I hope you get your problem sorted soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
HowieP
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham. That worked. It's easy wheh you know how!

Regards
Howie

0 Kudos
Kevin27
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just been in contact with VM and the best they could come up with?,Clear the cashe and if that does not work, delete and then re-install FF. Gee guy`s, wish I`d thought of that!

So still no emails through FF but ok through IE, on the same machine, and my ipad.

Any other ideas on this would be a help. Thanks

0 Kudos
Kevin27
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM say this is a FF problem.

0 Kudos
BillC45
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7