Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7 (2,153 Views)

Can't print emails

I'm trying to print an email.  Goes to printer page ok but the preview of the email is blank and when I try and print, printer produces a blank page.  I have 2 printers, pdf Printers etc, but regardless which I want to use, the preview page of the email is blank.  Printer works fine printing other things through Word etc.  To be sure it was not a printer problem I removed default printer driver and reloaded it.  Same result, trying to print anything from Virgin (Blueyonder) email, the preview comes up blank so printer prints a blank.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7 (4,238 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by f1roborbob
‎25-01-2016 13:40

Re: Can't print emails

f1roborbob wrote:

The mystery deepens.  I have found if I use the drop down "Print" command the blank page comes up as stated.  However if I right click on the email, then the print preview comes up ok, but it is of the whole screen including the list of my email folders down the side.  Printer prints it as per preview, so I still can't print just the email.  Help would be appreciated.     

The menu accessed via the right click belongs to your browser and the ≡ menu belongs to Virgin Media's webmail.

Which operating system and browser are you using?

Does the blank page issue occur if you use a different browser?

As a temporary workaround you can save the email to a file using the ≡ menu and then open that file within your operating system's default viewer to print.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7 (4,236 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by f1roborbob

Tried it and that works except that I have to save the word document first.  If I paste into word and try and print the document without saving the file, it comes up with a blank page again. 

I had tried right clicking without highlighting text but the "copy" command is of course, as I'm sure you know, to copy to another folder. 

So, highlighting text and copy paste into word, then saving, at least gives me the facility to print email which is what I needed to do, so thanks very much for your help.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7 (2,144 Views)

The mystery deepens.  I have found if I use the drop down "Print" command the blank page comes up as stated.  However if I right click on the email, then the print preview comes up ok, but it is of the whole screen including the list of my email folders down the side.  Printer prints it as per preview, so I still can't print just the email.  Help would be appreciated.     

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 7 (2,133 Views)

[ Edited ]

Have you tried holding down the left mouse button and highlighting the text you wish to copy, then press down the right mouse button to get the menu, left mouse click copy, then try the print command or paste it into a text file, then in the the text file menu select print.

Also check in your Devices and Printers to see how they are selected and check that they're not set to save as a PDF

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7 (4,239 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by f1roborbob

f1roborbob wrote:

The menu accessed via the right click belongs to your browser and the ≡ menu belongs to Virgin Media's webmail.

Which operating system and browser are you using?

Does the blank page issue occur if you use a different browser?

As a temporary workaround you can save the email to a file using the ≡ menu and then open that file within your operating system's default viewer to print.

On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7 (4,237 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by f1roborbob

Tried it and that works except that I have to save the word document first.  If I paste into word and try and print the document without saving the file, it comes up with a blank page again. 

I had tried right clicking without highlighting text but the "copy" command is of course, as I'm sure you know, to copy to another folder. 

So, highlighting text and copy paste into word, then saving, at least gives me the facility to print email which is what I needed to do, so thanks very much for your help.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7 (2,118 Views)

Aha!  You have found the problem - it is the browser. 

I am using windows 10, Microsoft Edge to open webmail.  Just tried your suggestion and opened webmail with Google Chrome and virgin drop down print command works correctly, and prints as normal.  So the problem appears to be with Microsoft Edge, or at least the compatibility of Virgin Webmail with Ms Edge.

Thanks very much you for your help as well !

Rob 

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 7 (2,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
0 Kudos