Menu
MelSinnett
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't login to VirginMail

I have the same problem as a previous question. I can't login to VirginMail from my laptop. It sits in a loop showing 3 repeating dots at virginmedia.com/appsuite/signin. I can access my mail without any problem from my iphone and from Windows Live Mail. When I clicked on the link to the answer to the previous question I was told that I didn't have enough priviliges. This is just so frustrating!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't login to VirginMail

Are you a VM broadband customer with a current paid for broadband account?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

MelSinnett wrote:

I have the same problem as a previous question. I can't login to VirginMail from my laptop. It sits in a loop showing 3 repeating dots at virginmedia.com/appsuite/signin. I can access my mail without any problem from my iphone and from Windows Live Mail. When I clicked on the link to the answer to the previous question I was told that I didn't have enough priviliges. This is just so frustrating!

I have also had this problem from time to time, and it is very frustrating. Recently this was a known fault which, I believe, has now been fixed. But it does seem to come and go.

0 Kudos
MelSinnett
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It very obviously hasn't been fixed because it's happening to me all of the time.

0 Kudos
MelSinnett
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When you decide to answer my question at post 2 above we can make some progress. What you describe is possibly typical of another issue rather than just inadequacy of web mail. If you prefer to simply repeat what we already know then I shall quietly go away.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think I have the answer I need. The issue is simply the poor performance of the web mail system which as "enduser" has said comes and goes. The fact that you can access via an e-mail client (VM's preferred solution while web mail remains ghastly) and on your phone - again via a client, and the fact that you have a current BB account (there is method in my madness in asking this question) shows that web mail is likely the sole culprit.

VM are well aware of the issue. We can only hope they can improve things quickly. But it all seems a bit slow at the moment, a bit like the system itself.

Frankly I've given up on it. I access VM web mail just to check for mail that may have been erroneously marked as spam. As for the rest I've moved to non-ISP related web mail supplier. Reliable and works well. I still have a few people using my VM address. I access their mail via an e-mail client. But as I come across them they get moved to my web mail address.

Not great news really. But, at least, impartial advice.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks