Menu
VanSam
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't log on - HELP!!!

Hi, for the last 2 days none of the 4 members of my family can access our virgin email accounts (ntlworld log on). When we try to log on (using 3 different computers) initially it says "you have typed the wrong password or username" when you repeatedly put in (which was correct every time), it eventually asks you to verify you are not a robot, this screen comes up over and over again and although it ticks the box saying you are not a robot every time you click verify it returns to the login screen with the robot request.

We can all access our email accounts via our phones but not on a laptop??

Please help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't log on - HELP!!!

The first thing to establish in diagnosing this issue is - do you have a current paid for Virgin Media broadband account? An account is required for continued use of the email.

I will also delete your duplicate post on this subject.  It can take up to a week for VM Forum Staff to respond to posts on this forum.

VanSam
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for getting back to me. We moved house 6 months ago - to an area without Virgin services. Prior to this we had everything with Virgin. We were not made aware that we were going to be unable to use our email - but the problems do seem to have started 6 months after our move (is this the cut off time). We have received no notification or anything from Virgin and are still able to access the accounts on our mobile phones (although all these are on Virgin accounts). Virgin is currently being installed in the area where we live and should be up and running shortly, do you know how I can contact Virgin to discuss this?

I really appreciate your reply

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VanSam wrote:

Thanks so much for getting back to me. We moved house 6 months ago - to an area without Virgin services. Prior to this we had everything with Virgin. We were not made aware that we were going to be unable to use our email - but the problems do seem to have started 6 months after our move (is this the cut off time). We have received no notification or anything from Virgin and are still able to access the accounts on our mobile phones (although all these are on Virgin accounts). Virgin is currently being installed in the area where we live and should be up and running shortly, do you know how I can contact Virgin to discuss this?

I really appreciate your reply

The cut off period is supposed to be 90 days but some accounts do seem to go on working for longer.  The first thing to go is VM webmail access which would seem to tie in with the experience you are having.  How long your email app via mobile access will continue is anyone's guess.  Whilst you do have access this way it should also work via an email client on your laptops such as Thunderbird or Outlook (if you have it).

A Forum Team member will reply to this post in a day or so and should be able to check the exact status of your email accounts once they have cleared security questions with you.

VanSam
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When Virgin Media is available in our area we will be signing up to it - maybe it will be possible to keep our emails running until then? Thanks for all your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi VanSam,

It's a shame there are no Virgin Media services at your current property. As Graham_A has said your email accounts should cease to work after a 90 day period (from disconnection of services). 

During that time webmail access should not be possible though a client should work for you. 
If the 90 day period has elapsed then your email accounts will be on borrowed time - in light of this it is highly advisable that you source a new email address, ideally a free web-based address that is non-ISP dependent.

I shall happily check our systems to see the status of your email accounts though. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll take a look Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos