Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
ronnie46

Can't log into my email

For some unknown reason my Email has suddenly stopped working, when I try to access it I get this message

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: Can't log into my email

try updating your settings to the currently specified:

port 995 (POP3)

SSL on

use full email address and password as logon credentials, do not select SPA (secure password authentication)

if you are using Outlook watch out that when you select SSL on, that the port is not automagically set back to default (110).

If you still have problems, try logging in to My VM and resetting the email account's password, ensuring that it complies with the VM password rules. Of course then make sure you update the password in your email client.

Remember that the password you use to log in to My VM for this account will be the same as the password for the email login, so if you recently changed your My VM password but failed to update it in your client that also would explain your problem.

Making Waves
dazzyb

Hola

Having similar problems, get this error message: An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Blueyonder', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800C0133

I can still log in via VM homepage and checked that password is the same, also checked your comments above and using the right ports, well I assume so since I was getting mail up until 24/4. SLA definitely unchecked, any advice?????

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

did you try resetting your password as per my post above?

Gandalf
Pete_R

Hi DazzyB,

I've had a look from this end and I'm not able to see any issues here.  If you're still experiencing issues, please try changing your password as suggested by Slated, if your issue is still ongoing, please contact the support team on freephone 151 from a Virgin Media Landline or on 0845 454 1111 so that we can investigate further.

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.