Fresh as a Daisy
sonyaswan

Can't log in to "my virgin media" account- new customer

I set up a brand new virgin media account yesterday and have since received an email with the order update, which is all fine, but it tells me that I can sign into my account at my virgin media, giving a link. It says I'll be able to access email and bills etc here so I am interested to see what the setup is...

Unfortunately, when I go to put in my virginmedia email address and the only password I would have used while registering, it says "You've entered the wrong username or password. Passwords are case-sensitive, so please check your caps lock isn't on."

so I try the "forgotten password?" link, type in the email and it sys "Unable to find your username"

so I try the "Forgotten or don't know your username?" link, and type in the information from the email. It says "Unable to find your username".

So I try registering an account, despite knowing that I registered one during setup, but it says "The account number you entered doesn't exist."

is this simply because I haven't received a welcome pack yet or what? Surely the email before the welcome pack should not be telling me that I can log in if that's the case?

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

Re: Can't log in to "my virgin media" account- new customer

You cannot setup an email address or access Myvirginmedia until you are installed and go through the Activation process.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Neil_D

Hi sonyaswan,

I am sorry for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused.

If you are a brand new customer and do not have any service installed at the moment then you will need to wait until the installation is completed and activated in order to access My Virgin Media.
Kind Regards,

Neil D
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
natir

Hi Neil

Just to clarify, I had the same issue and get the same error message when attempting to connect to my virginmedia account: The account number you entered doesn't exist. I have activated the service yesterday and called the Virgin customer services and they have said they cant locate my account after waiting 45 min on hold, the installtion team also could not locate my account, the tivo box, broadband all instaled and working. amazing when you guys tell customers to call a number and discuss it with them, activate the account, surely something is not right here when new customers account is lost in the system  and no one is able to find it.

I do not mean to be rude here but I have spent so much time last night waiting for this to be fixed, still no chance.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Hi natir

Unfortunately I cant ask for the details I would need to try and find your account via the forums. Have you been installed yet?

Regards,

Chris Kean

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
EMZ97

Hi, at the beginning of January I had virgin media broadband and TV installed. Whenever I try to log into my account using my account number and area reference code it tells me "unable to find username". I have repeatedly checked the information to ensure it's correct but get the same results. When I rang Virgin they said that I was registered and so simply had to log in. However the email address is said to be wrong, I am unsure what the password would be and am unable to use the password finder as it is "unable to find username".

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Emma_K

Hi EMZ97, 

Sorry to see you've been having trouble finding the correct user name and email address, unfortunately we're unable to find that information for you here on the forums due to data protection laws. 

Please call us 150 free from a Virgin land line or 0845 454 1111 (Chargeable) from any other phone. You need to speak to the tech support team for broadband, they should be able to get this sorted for you.

Let us know how you get on. 

Thank you

Emma

Emma_K

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.