Menu
katemavor
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't log in to blueyonder email on my laptop

I am suddenly unable to log into my blueyonder Inbox on my laptop. I had a saved password and am in most days but suddenly I keep being asked over and over if I am a robot, and can't get in. 

Your call centre said they would change my password and gave me a new one which still doesn't work. You say you don't even recognise my email address any more.

Strangely my blueyonder email continues to work fine for both send and receive on my iPhone. 

Is this something to do with the fact that we had a Virgin Media package at home for TV/Broadband which we cancelled last summer or is that nothing to do with this? 

Confused. Please help. 

Kate

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't log in to blueyonder email on my laptop

Everything to do with it. VM e-mail addresses are only assigned to people with live VM broadband accounts. The addresses are normally closed 90 days after you leave VM. Some survive for longer but can go at any time - and when its gone it has gone. The address and the contents are deleted and cannot be retrieved. Sometimes the address continues to show as live on VM's internal system but this is the most likely explanation of what has happened. Odd that your address still works on the phone. VM Forum Team staff will get round to this thread in a few days and they can take a look.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
katemavor
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick, if scary, reply. Definitely don't want to lose all my emails and can't understand why there was no warning.

Do you know if there is any way to keep it going other than buying another package? I mean by re-assigning and linking to my new supplier?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No way to save it unless you can link to your live VM broadband account. It strikes me that what has happened here is that VM have done a poor deletion job and left the details live on some of their servers and not others.

VM tell you when you leave to make alternative arrangements for your e-mail (you missed that clearly). I would take urgent account to get yourself a non-ISP related e-mail account (likes of GMail or Outlook.com) to make sure this doesn't happen again.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
katemavor
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good advice. Will do! And thanks again.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi katemavor,

I am sorry if the information relating to emails on a disconnected account hasn't been relayed to you. Howard is quite correct in his reply.

The email account itself should remain active for up to 90 days, however it can only be accessed via email client/app, the login in from our website will no longer work.

I'd advise that you set up a client (Thunderbird for example is free, if you don't already have Outlook installed) and follow the setup instructions here.

That way you can choose to keep the emails safely on your pc so they won't be lost when the account is eventually removed. 

But I'd definitely recommend availing yourself of an alternate email service (Internet based rather than ISP), as per Graham's advice, and updating those on your contacts list.

Let us know if you need any help setting up your client Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos