Menu
Squinton
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can not log into email anymore

I have a virgin.net email account, since Friday I am no longer able to access it. I don't understand why, I have tried various ways including the webmail but I can't not access it.
Using my email client it keeps saying the password is wrong but I know it's not.
Using the webmail it keeps wanting me to verify I am not a robot I do this but it still won't let me in and keeps asking repeatedly to verify.

Has anyone else suddenly had this issue
0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can not log into email anymore

Yes, I had this issue a few days ago. See http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Not-a-robotrobotrobotrobot/m-p/3256787#M135911

I had to go into my VM Manage Accounts page and reset all of the affected passwords.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
Squinton
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but I am still stuck in this loop. I can't find manage accounts.

It either says my details are not correct, and then I get stuck in the robot loop. I have deleted history as well, I am using firefox.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you check the email address via an online email checker such as this: http://verify-email.org/ does it say the email address is still ok?

Do you have a current paid for Virgin Media broadband account?  If not and your virgin.net email address relates to an old dial up account it may have been shut down.

Squinton
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks,

I think you could be right, it was with an old dial up. However we have 2 virgin.net accounts. Mine says Result : Bad on that email checker. The other still says Good.

But I get the same problems with both accounts, plus I did not get any notice that the account was getting shut down, which is a bit annoying....

0 Kudos