Menu
MissNalin
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can a company recall an email thread?

I won a radio competition a month ago and was in contact via email with the company about receiving my prizes. I received the first half of the prize and then the same employee contacted me again by email last week to confirm that the second part of the prize would be with me by the end of that week. As this did not happen, I went to retrieve the email to check the details and the email had gone. I then tried to go back and find the earlier emails and they have also gone (including my sent emails). I've checked my deleted folder and I also have other emails from that day so I'm certain I haven't accidentally deleted them. Can the company recall the email thread? And is it possible to get this back? Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can a company recall an email thread?

Hello MissNalin

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you have lost some important emails, most frustrating. The originator is not able to recall them by the way. It is difficult to know what has happened I am afraid, some people have reported missing emails with IMAP and iphone but I would not like to say it was definitely the cause. It is not something we would get back, would it be possible to ask the company to send them again perhaps.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos