Menu
barbaraannJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I deactivate my main email address

I was recently the victim of fraud where someone obtained mobile phones in my name. A family member (nice!).

That's all sorted apart from closing down the old ntlworld email address which they used.

I've set up a virginmedia email address secondary to my main ntlworld address. My question is, is it possible to make the virginmedia address my main email account and deactivate the ntlworld?

Barbara.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I deactivate my main email address

Sorry about the fraud victim thing, nasty experience. But the answer to your question is no you can't., at least not directly.  But what you can do is leave it unused for 150 days and VM will effectively shut it down for you except for one feature. The address and it's password will still be your log-in credentials for My Virginmedia (looking at your bills) and other sign in services from VM. That can never change.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
barbaraannJ
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. Smiley Happy

Can you please clarify what unused means exactly?

Do I not have to log in for 150 days? Will it be classed as unused even if junk email is received?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"unused" - address not accessed by an e-mail client or via web mail. That's all.

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/virginmediamail.html

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos