Menu
lisgar
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

CONTINUING EMAIL PROBLEMS

I have not been receiving emails. After checking here I found that there was a spurious email address in the Auto Forward box. Following advice, I ran a scan, I deleted the address, changed my password, and memorable answer, and everything worked for a while.

Today I found the spurious email address had returned. Deleted it.

Now I find I cannot log in. My new password does not work. When I go to change it I find the old memorable question is asked, but my answer is not accepted. I am completely locked out.

Any ideas, please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: CONTINUING EMAIL PROBLEMS

Phone 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other sort. Note that email problems come under "Broadband".

Explain what has happened and ask them to change your password. Then, repeat what you did first time round. Make sure your new password is not one that you have ever used before.

What type of scan did you run? I suggest using Malwarebytes - download it only from the Malwarebytes site.  

0 Kudos

All Replies
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Phone 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other sort. Note that email problems come under "Broadband".

Explain what has happened and ask them to change your password. Then, repeat what you did first time round. Make sure your new password is not one that you have ever used before.

What type of scan did you run? I suggest using Malwarebytes - download it only from the Malwarebytes site.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi lisgar, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your emails. 

I hope that you have managed to resolve this now. 

If you are still having trouble pop me a PM with the following information: 

Name on account:

Virgin email address:

Postcode and house number:

Contact number:

We'll be happy to progress things for you once we have received your reply.

Kind Regards,

Emma_E

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos