Menu
simonexcel
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Bounceback Emails

Hi,

When we email from info@studio74dance.co.uk to virginmedia.com and ntlworld.com domains, our emails always bounceback as "containing spam". This is even if it's a one word email. This previously would have been caused by sending marketing emails from this address without an unsubscribe option. Marketing emails are now sent by Campaign Monitor where you can't send marketing emails without including an unsubscribe option. However, if customers reply to the emails and they have virginmedia.com or ntlworld.com email addresses, we can't reply to them as they bounceback. Please can this email address be whitelisted?

Thanks

Simon

Tags (3)

Helpful Answers
simonexcel
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bounceback Emails

I believe the issue we had has now been resolved and I will post it here for anybody else who may have the same issue. We use Office 365 (just Exchange Online) and our domains are hosted with 1&1 so not all our DNS records are pointing to Office 365 but the MX records are. I was informed over private message by Steven that because we don't have a  reverse DNS record the emails will bounce. However, I found a link that stated Office 365 do not allow reverse DNS: Reverse DNS in Office 365

This lead me to another post which suggested to go through the domain set-up again and it was at this point I found that we had no TXT records listed in 1&1. After getting the TXT records from Office 365 and inputting them into 1&1, we were able to email virginmedia.com email addresses.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

All Replies
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonexcel,

Welcome and thanks for taking the time to post with us. I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with bounced back mail. Appreciate this can be inconvenient.

We will need to investigate the cause of this for you so I will send you a private message (purple envelope at the top) to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
simonexcel
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I believe the issue we had has now been resolved and I will post it here for anybody else who may have the same issue. We use Office 365 (just Exchange Online) and our domains are hosted with 1&1 so not all our DNS records are pointing to Office 365 but the MX records are. I was informed over private message by Steven that because we don't have a  reverse DNS record the emails will bounce. However, I found a link that stated Office 365 do not allow reverse DNS: Reverse DNS in Office 365

This lead me to another post which suggested to go through the domain set-up again and it was at this point I found that we had no TXT records listed in 1&1. After getting the TXT records from Office 365 and inputting them into 1&1, we were able to email virginmedia.com email addresses.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonexcel,

Thanks for your PM.

I'm really pleased you've managed to get this sorted. Fingers crossed this stays as it is and many thanks for posting the solution as this may prove helpful for others in your situation.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Glenn_S
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We too are receiving bounce backs from Virgin email addresses, the emails we are sending are legitimate communication with our clients and candidates.

The last bounce back I received was from my personal Virgin (blueyonder) account to my work address.

The message we are receiving is:

The following organization rejected your message: mx8.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net.

Can anyone help please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Glenn_S

I am sorry you are having problems emailing our domains, at the moment we are having a few issues that may cause it Email: Sending and Receiving 30/01/17 

Please keep an eye on that thread and once it is resolved if you are still having problems we will investigate further.

Many thanks for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Glenn_S
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola

Thank you for the response, I'm a little confused though, I can email from multiple other accounts i.e gmail to a virgin email address and it gets through, however if I email using works Aswift.com account they get bounced, I therefore would have to assume it's our domain being blocked and not just a general fault.

Could someone confirm this please.

Regards

Glenn

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Glenn

Thanks for getting back and your patience. I appreciate what you are saying however because of the nature of the fault we had we were asked not to escalate any issues until it was resolved. How is it for you at the moment? I notice that that domain has a few config issues https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/Aswift.com/ Having just spoken to our Postmaster they will contribute to the bounce in particular the SPF record.

Hope that helps

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Glenn_S
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola

Thank you for the update, we're still experiencing the bounce backs. I've puts the situation to our external IT support to see if they can solve the issue.

Regards

Glenn

0 Kudos