Menu
Eyghon_VMSF
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder vs Virginmedia

What happened to VM reserving current BY user email addresses, has it been shelved for good?

Regards

Craig

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder vs Virginmedia

If you mean by that can you have an e-mail with identical names before the @ symbol for BY and VM - Yes!

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Eyghon_VMSF
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Shortly after VM brought in the @virginmedia.com address, the old blueyonder.co.uk users were told their addresses would be safe\reserved and made available to them, IIRC this was supposed to actually roll out a couple of years ago but was binned due to tech issues, I am still unable to change over to\acquire my original blueyonder.co.uk email name because it is taken, do not know if it is taken by someone else or just "reserved" for me?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It has not been taken by anyone else. It has been blocked to protect your original blueyonder address.

The plan to allow switching to the same prefix on the virginmedia.com domain was abandoned years ago.
Eyghon_VMSF
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Typical VM of late, unable or unwilling to solve the tech issues and provide what they promise Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. I believe they have done the right thing by protecting our legacy email addresses.
Eyghon_VMSF
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes they did the correct thing by securing them BUT it doesn't get away from the fact they are unable to allow US, the "owners" to use them!

0 Kudos