Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
kylewc

Blueyonder emails not working

hi all,

i am having a problem with my blueyonder emails. have had an account for 10 years i guess. it stopped working in outlook about a week ago so i tried using the webmail to access them. when i try and log in it says the password is incorrect. when i go to forgotten password, it says 'unable to find username'.

is anyone else having the same issue. its really annoying as all my insurance, banks etc details are registered with this account

kyle

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Spiros

Re: Blueyonder emails not working

I'm having the exact same problem, still waiting for someone to reply to my thread!!! Hopefully we'll get an answer soon!!!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
kylewc

is no-one else having the same issue apart from us two?

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

try here to discover what the system thinks your username should be:

https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/username

with blueyonder accounts, also worth checking to make sure you are not using one of the 'wrong' aliases:

https://ipauth.virginmedia.com/SSO_BLUEYONDER/servlet/StartupServlet

Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Hi kylewc

For issues such as this we would need to clear DPA to troubleshoot. This means you will need to call us up on 0845 454 1111 or 151 from a VM landline

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
kylewc

Hi Chris,

thanks for the phone number. i am currently travelling with work in Europe and am not back for another couple of weeks. Is there any other way to resolve the issue?

Regards

kyle

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
kylewc

cheers for the advice, i tried the second link but it just says We are unable to confirm the alias and password submitted.

So i dont really know what to do apart from call them up now...

cheers

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
1plus2

I have to say i have had lots of problems trying to get the right information for e-mail issues not only with an old blueyonder one that i have used for years but also getting  a virginmedia.com one that i got after absolutely ages trying to get it sorted.

I just gave up in the end as i was severely **bleep** off getting nowhere everytime i phoned customer services,also getting told different issues and ways to get it sorted as i said i just gave up as the blueyonder one i have still works on outlook express inXP and windows live in Vista.

Another thing is i had to give up working due to health reasons and don't get out much so the internet is my link to the outside world at the moment and i had to cancel my phone and TV services as i cannot afford them now the amounts of time you spend on a phone trying to get through or get something sorted is unbelievable and as i do not have a virgin phone now i have to use a mobile phone on an 0845 number

This is simply unaffordable for me nowadays unfortunately and this is 1 of the reasons i gave up trying to get the email issues resolved i even bought a virgin sim card as i thought this being part of virgin obviously i could use the 150 option from the virgin mobile phone but alas no i could not get thru unless using an 0845 number,this to me is totally pants as this is meant to be "One big happy family" or so we are told and customers are in the forefront of our commitment to a excellent service virgin trys to provide.

Well i'm afraid i am far from impressed with how virgin have dealt with my issues through time and as i said i have just gave up until yesterday and today when i tried to access my blueyonder email through virgins website and it is not allowing me to and it's not allowing the so called virginmedia one they gave me either so here again i am sitting here thinking **bleep** is going on with this company.

So here we go again to try and get something resolved and i have fired another question asking them what is happening but i am not holding my breath to a speedy response and fix in the near future the blueyonder still works in outlook express so i suppose i can be grateful thats working at least.

So i'm afraid virgin it's just not good enough the way the customers are treated when trying to get something fixed and the service relating to that is Pants to say the least.

Ps the broadband service is and always has been very good imho and have no complaints about that so it's not all doom and gloom but when there is a probl;em with anything i have been let down nearly every time i try and get it sorted and why can you not access 150 from a mobile phone as well as its all part of the same company ? simply not good enough that is.

Anyway mini rant over and i wait with baited breath to see if it gets sorted

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
1plus2

Quick update on the email issue i have had to re-register the virginmedia one and i am now able to access this now but the blueyonder one still is not able to get accessed from the virgin website and it now comes up as a google apps server is not working ? this is a new one on me never seen that before but this is on a vista lappy that has accessed the blueyonder e-mail plenty times before so don,t know what is going on there this happens on both IE and Firefox.

Virgin sent me a email saying they will get in touch within 48 hrs which is the usual response but does'nt always happen and i had to re-register the virginmedia email account on my own assumption of starting all over again.

I have not had any email as far as i remember saying anything about possibly having to re-register to get the virginmedia email addy working again also is it correct that you cannot make your own email addy like you used to be able to do with blueyonder ie anyname you want to choose for yourself ,the virginmedia one they give you is just your name @virginmedia.com rather boring if you are not allowed to choose a name of your own making.

I know you are meant to be able to link any other emails you have but when i did this with the blueyonder one it did'nt work again !!! never tried a hotmail one or any other ones.

So @ least the virginmedia one is working for now

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Pete_R

Hi 1plus2,

I've had a look into your account and it appears that there are some inconsistencies with it which will cause the issues you've described.  Unfortunately we're unable to deal with these issues via the forums due to data protection issues.

As such, could you please contact the support team on freephone 151 from a Virgin Media Landline or on 0845 454 1111 so that we can assist you further?

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.