Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
ck1
Fresh as a Daisy
ck1

Blueyonder email problems

Have been unable to access my @blueyonder.co.uk account all day using Windows Live Mail also virginmedia web site does not recognise my user name or password. Have tried changing settings as advised on help forums but still no joy. Any solutions please?

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Peter_Li

Re: Blueyonder email problems

Hello ck1,

I have sent you a Private Message. We'll be happy to progress things for you once we have received your reply.

Peter L
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
droid8000

Hi

Over the last week the blueyonder email address my wife uses has stopped working, and now the one I use has also gone. Can you please advise?

Thanks

Andrew

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Amer_Z

Hi droid8000,

Sorry to hear about your email address disappearing. Have you logged into MyVirginMedia and checked under your profile then manage accounts, to see if blueyonder email addresses are present?

Are you using an email client from were the email addresses have disappeared? Can you please elaborate.

Amer_Z

Please use plain text.
Crafty
warrenb

My Gmail account has stopped collecting my blueyonder emails, saying there is an error.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Amer_Z

Hi warrenb,

Can you log into the webmail and check, all email's are being forwarded to your Gmail account.

Amer_Z

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
droid8000

Hi

I logged in under my virginmedia.com email address (which I rarely use) and went into Manage Accounts. The only thing it shows in there is the Setup New Accounts button, whcih i don't need to do. Is that screen supposed to show any existing accounts, because its not showing any.

I use Outlook 2010 to login to my blueyonder accounts, and have for many years. Also I can no longer login from my iphone either. I can't find anywhere to login via webmail anymore, as any virgin media sign in pages only accept my virginmedia.com email address, as if the other accounts don't exist or the password for them has been changed (which I've not done).

Outlook says the server responded with:

-ERR [AUTH] Username and Password not Accepted.

Both my blueyonder accounts were working on outlook and iphone until about a week ago.

Have my accounts been deleted?

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Amer_Z

Hi droid8000,

When you log into MyVirginMedia. Can you navigate to MyProfile then Manage accounts? If not you are not logged in with the primary email address and password, therefore not available to view, delete and create email addresses.

Amer_Z

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
sdler

Having the same problems as droid8000, username and password error trying to send mail/receive mail in Outlook and sending email to our blueyonder address from another email account(gmail)results in a permanent delivery failure message.

Its as if the blueyonder account has been deleted....
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
PoppyTea

Having intermittent email problems today. Cannot log on for periods- message from MS Outlook is 'cannot log onto to the IMAP server- please try again later' or something similar- I cannot recall the exact message as this time I was able to log in. This kind of thing happens occasionally, but regularly- the interval varies. All settings are as per Virgin instructions for BY emails....

?

Please use plain text.