Menu
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder email account unaccessable ?

I was able to access my blueyonder.co.uk email account this morning but cannot do it now . Is Virgin Media upgrading the email settings or is it something else they forgot to inform us about . I have tried going online using Edge , Firefox and Google Chrome to access my email account and all say the service is unavailable as is the status page , just what is going on .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email account unaccessable ?

What do you think this might be about?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-login-issues-3-loading-dots/td-p/3374883

and threads like this?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Trouble-getting-into-emails/td-p/3374974

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@davybozal53 - Howard get's frustrated when people don't read the posts on the Forum that covers the same problem.  I can't say I blame him.

Webmail has an ongoing fault which has gotten worse in recent weeks.  And is now listed on the status page.

The changes to email settings do not affect Webmail, but it affects access with Email clients such as Thunderbird, Windows Mail, Outlook, etc.  Virgin are pushing for a universal setting change as they will eventually turn off the old legacy servers (Note: your email address will NOT change).

The old settings are still in place at the moment, though.

My recommendation is to set up an email client using IMAP as currently, these are more reliable than the webmail platform.  My personal favourite out of the free ones is Mozilla Thunderbird, however YMMV.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello ravenstar68 ,

Thanks for your prompt and courteous reply regarding my email problem . My email access is working fine now and hopefully something stable happens soon . It would have been nice for Virgin Media to inform customers of any changes to their infrastructure so we are not all left in the dark and give our superhub grief .

Regards ,

DavyBozal53 .

0 Kudos