Menu
Pookster
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder email account no longer working on iPhone or iPad email but works on safari

My email worked perfect then about 6 month or so ago my email account no longer works on email app " cannot get email " want me to change settings I have tried nearly everything on the chat rooms
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email account no longer working on iPhone or iPad email but works on safari

Hi Pookster,

Welcome and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with email on your iPhone and iPad.

Do you receive any error messages on these devices? If safari works which I'm assuming is when you login to webmail then this would indicate the email account is active and working.

Our help page Using Virgin Media Mail with Email clients has the relevant settings for the Blueyonder domain you're using and also a help guide for apple mail. Try resetting the device back up using this information provided and let us know how you get on.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Pookster
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email account no longer working on iPhone or iPad email but works on safari

Error 505 on that link , although I have tried deleting and setting my email up again with no joy, this must be something to do with iPhone or iPads "apple" as my email worked on 4 different devices all at once and then they stopped for no reason
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can find the blueyonder settings here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-Media-Email-settings/td-p/3166396/jump-to/first-unr....

Another post worth looking at for issues with apple devices is: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

Pookster
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's is saying the below but all my detail is correct as it's the same as safari

Cannot get email
The username or password for imap.blueyonder.co.uk is incorrect
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to sign in to VM webmail with those details?

Do you have a current VM broadband account?
Pookster
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can sign in perfectly on other laptops or webmail fine with the same settings it is only through apple devices I am having problems
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Pookster

I am sorry you are having problems, I wonder why it would just be on Apple devices, one would think if it was a general Apple issue we would be seeing more of it on the forum and why would it happen to all your Apple devices at once, mmm. If it is the same email address that you have registered on the forum then it seems to be passing all our diagnostic checks for IMAP. The SMTP log shows no activity from you in the last few days, a few attempts from spammers (Russia, USA) to guess your password but they have failed. Is it worth trying another VM and non VM email address for diagnostic purposes.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Pookster
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can use it perfectly through webmail but when on iPhone or iPad I cannot send mail now it worked for a small while once I changed my password on VM account but then stopped after a month or so and now I can't send any emails from either email address I have

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am so sick and tired of people blaming Apple devices.

Email is a basic service that works the SAME WAY REGARDLESS of which device you have.  There are a few quirks in Apple devices that relate to not deleting SMTP details when you delete an account, and a slight bug in that it reports cannot connect to server when setting up an account and the password is wrong, but apart from that, it works just fine.

I've used email on the iPad and iPad Mini through the built-in App with no difficulties whatsoever.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos