Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
ThamesBarrier

Blueyonder e-mail

Hi,   This may have been covered before but I couldn’t find anything in the forums.   I got Blueyonder broadband in 2006 and have been using a Blueyonder e-mail address ever since.   My partner previously had a Blueyonder e-mail address from another household (within the same area), and has been using that address as well. The Virgin Media account originally associated with that e-mail address has been closed for over a year now.   I wanted to know if it’s possible to have my partner’s e-mail address/alias associated with our current Virgin Media account as not to lose that e-mail address, which would be a disaster. I’m surprised it still working but we can’t use it to logon to Virgin’s web mail. So, there’s no way to administer the e-mail account either. It’s currently setup with POP under Outlook.   I tried calling the Helpline but no one seems to know anything.   Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Tbgbe

Re: Blueyonder e-mail

Whether it is possible (and what would be lost if it was) can only be answered by Virgin. Afraid you will have to ring them to sort it out).

TVXL(V+), BB10Mb, Ph(M)
Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

I suspect that it a no go, as normaly when the media account is closed the email account follows almost immediatly, other may howerver have a more positive response for you

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi ThamesBarrier

I'm inclined to agree with TrickieJohn, it is unlikely that this address could be imported into your account, and if it was then it would most likely replace the existing addresses on your account rather than be added as an extra.

The unwanted effect of trying to pursue this issue, is that you may lose the limited access that you currently have to the address if the IT team start poking around on the server.

It is likely that this mail address will one day stop working anyway, and you should ensure that you have backups of all important mails, and start weaning people away from this address in readiness for the day when it will cease to work.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
stevenfjames

Re: Blueyonder e-mail problems

can anyone help please - i can send emails from my blueyonder account but when you send to the blueyonder address account the messages bounce back saying Delivery to the following recipients failed. I haven't changed any settings.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Amer_Z

Hi stevenfjames,

Please double check when sending the email, is the email address spelled correctly?

Amer_Z
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
stevenfjames

Hi

yes the email address is correct.

Please use plain text.