Menu
rorschach1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder, cant send or receive from Thunderbird

Getting a bit silly now, since monday (30th Jan) I haven't been able send or receive emails through thunderbird. I can log into webmail but this is not a replacement since I use thunderbird across multiple computers and that email account is part of my business. No settings have been changed so I know it is definitely not a fault on my end. When I try to send/receive I get this message:

Sending of password for user *************@blueyonder.co.uk did not succeed. Mail server pop3.virginmedia.com responded: [AUTH] Authentication failed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder, cant send or receive from Thunderbird

Authentication failed - means just that - You've connected to the server and either the username or password is deemed incorrect.  Have you changed your password for Webmail recently - even if not it may be worth going into Thunderbird and re-entering the username and password again.

I've just tried logging in to my account over POP3 the servers authenticating for me.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
rorschach1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Passwords have not been touched since set up which was months ago, probably well over a year. Nothing was changed, but monday it stopped working.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello rorschach1

I am sorry you are having problems with Thunderbird and POP3, do you have any other clients using POP3 on that email address that work?

At the moment I am unable to identify your account so please would you try to change that email address password on My Virgin Media and then on Thunderbird, if that does not do it please let us know so we may examine further.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
rorschach1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry not to reply sooner. The problem seemed to resolve itself about 2 days later while I was away so goodness knows what was up. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rorshach1

Glad it's fixed itself for you.  If you have any more issues please post back.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos