Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
The Sorter
paperclip

Blueyonder & Virginmedia Email Addresses

I have a blueyonder email address and have never changed it since the migration as we were told we could still use it, but I have a question to ask.

By using the blueyonder server are we susceptible to security in any way and should we be changing our email address to virginmedia?

If the answer is yes then is it wise to change our address and can it be done so we can keep the first part of our address but obviously the last part after the @ would be different.

Can this be done so that if anyone was to send me an email to my old address it would automatically forward to the new address.

I would obviously like as little disruption as possible.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: Blueyonder & Virginmedia Email Addresses

[ Edited ]

as far as I know there are no security problems with the blueyonder email servers.

Even so, if you perfer to use the viirginmedia email servers then go ahead, you can use them for both your @blueyonder and @virginmedia email addresses. I use them quite happily for both.

As to creating @virginmedia.com email addresses to match your existing @blueyonder.co.uk ones, you will have to wait until VM get things sorted - there are some problems preventing it working for the moment, but it does not seem to be bothering them over-much.

The Sorter
paperclip

slated wrote:

as far as I know there are no security problems with the blueyonder email servers.

Even so, if you perfer to use the viirginmedia email servers then go ahead, you can use them for both your @blueyonder and @virginmedia email addresses. I use them quite happily for both.

As to creating @virginmedia.com email addresses to match your existing @blueyonder.co.uk ones, you will have to wait until VM get things sorted - there are some problems preventing it working for the moment, but it does not seem to be bothering them over-much.

Yeah, am I right in that when you say you use them for both, was that when you went into the account properties for whatever client you use and then change the pop3 and smtp to say virginmedia.com instead of the blueyonder.co.uk server.

That's what I did recently when the email was down, when it came back I switched back to the blueyonder server again.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

correct.