Menu
johnthomasgraha
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder Email

I have an old .Blueyonder.co.uk email account which I rarely use now, but can still access. I also have a 2nd account set up under this which my wife regularly uses. In the past day or two this has not suddenly stopped working, and won't allow us to access. It says the username/password are incorrect. Why would this just stop working, have there been any change to old blueyonder accounts?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blueyonder Email

I'm not very good at guessing today! Try changing the password for the second account in My Virginmedia (hopefully it is showing up there). That should solve it. The password may well have been locked by VM if it is not up to scratch (and its not much of a scratch TBH):

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Penny to a pound that you are not a VM customer. In which case the game is up and the addresses are being closed. Read this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

If you are a customer we may be able to offer some guidance. Post back if need be.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
johnthomasgraha
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.. I am a VM customer actually, I have TV, Phone, Broadband. I can still access my blueyonder, but not the 2nd account that was set up alongside it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm not very good at guessing today! Try changing the password for the second account in My Virginmedia (hopefully it is showing up there). That should solve it. The password may well have been locked by VM if it is not up to scratch (and its not much of a scratch TBH):

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
johnthomasgraha
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much. I managed to update the 2nd account password under My Virgin Media. I was then able to log into the virgin webmail, via browser, using the new password. I also was able to use this password to update in outlook and phone settings, so getting all mail through now. Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You are very welcome. Glad we have a happy ending.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
zaideotto
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have an email address that I have used for nearly 17yrs and yesterday to completely stopped working on my iPhone and laptop and is asking for a password .I have an active VM account so not sure why it has changed!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

zaideotto wrote:

I have an email address that I have used for nearly 17yrs and yesterday to completely stopped working on my iPhone and laptop and is asking for a password .I have an active VM account so not sure why it has changed!

You should start a new thread for this - you may not have the same problem, and/or VM's systems may have changed since the original thread was started.

Reviving old threads is NOT a good idea. Following the House Rules IS a good idea: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage#participation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.