Menu
rkirkwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Blocked email: mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net

Hi Guys 

The comapny I work for are currently unable to send mail to Virgin accounts as mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net is blocking legit emails as spam emails

I work for the IT team. Could you advise how I can delist our mail servers from the blacklist please?

Many thanks

rich

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocked amail: mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net

Hi rkirkwood, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with emails being blocked as Spam. 

Please pop across the header of the failed sent emails, which should be included as an attachment in the failed delivery notification/ bounce back message. 

Please send it across to me via PM (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

And we'll investigate further for you. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

rkirkwood
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately those particular messages expired and are no longer in our delayed mail queue. If we get more of them I will let you know.

Thanks anyway :-)

cheers

rich

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In other words, the emails aren't being blocked they're being repeatedly delayed with what I presume are 421 errors?  Would this be a fair assessment?

As an IT professional you should be aware of the importance of giving clear information that describes the problem properly.  While Virgin Media's mail platform DOES block blacklisted servers with a 5xx error - "Your IP is in the RBL", They also indulge in greylisting.  Which is a completely separate issue altogether.

If the mail was being blocked with a 5xx error then they would never enter your delayed queue.

I'm going to as @Jen_A to take a look at this thread as I know she's been cataloging and feeding back issues like this to Virgin Media's email team.  If you have any example logs, even if the emails aren't in the queue, you should still be able to access those, she will need to see them,  don't post them on the main forum as this is primarily a community forum.

And yes I'm aware it may seem as if I'm being pedantic.  But when you're dealing with email problems, it is important to realize that the two problems I mentioned have two different solutions.

HTH

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

rkirkwood
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Tim. Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rkirkwood,

As per raven's request, if you the reported email errors recur please send me a PM (private message) with a copy/paste of the error message and either a header of a failed delivered mail (if it fails rather than is delayed) or a list of recent SMTP logs detailing the failure/date&time/recipient and sender domain or IP.

I'll then get this flagged up for investigation.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

@ravenstar68 - thanks for the prompt.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos