Menu
FrankieBeee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Autoforwarding from virgin.net to a gmail address

Am assuming in theory this is possible.

I am having to resort using a gmail address now instead of virgin as its becoming worse than useless at the moment as am not receiving emails I should be receiving - that is when I can get on to it.

I thought I'd set up the autoforward this afternoon using the help instructions but nothing has been received (even when I send one to my virgin.net address as a test it never appears in my gmail).

I don't have time to faff around with settings other than those proscribed in the help menu re this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Autoforwarding from virgin.net to a gmail address

There was an issue with virgin.net emails over the last couple of days. During this period emails could have been bounced as undeliverable. This has now been rectified for VM broadband customers with virgin.net addresses linked to their current VM broadband account.

If you still have a linked Virgin.net address then forwarding should work.
FrankieBeee
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sadly not, which is why I posted here.

I even got a phone call from virgin yesterday telling me I had no broadband with them and would I like to set up their fast broadband (or whatever its called) - they noted I already had TV and a phone line with them though and I told them they should speak to their sales team as I've just upgraded part of my package anyway. Its becoming laughable really.

Virgin webmail problem has been going on for longer than a few days as at end of October I signed up for text alerts to find out how it was progressing re the problem - they stopped by 5 November but still hadn't sorted it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

FrankieBeee wrote:

Sadly not, which is why I posted here.

I even got a phone call from virgin yesterday telling me I had no broadband with them and would I like to set up their fast broadband (or whatever its called) - they noted I already had TV and a phone line with them though and I told them they should speak to their sales team as I've just upgraded part of my package anyway. Its becoming laughable really.

Virgin webmail problem has been going on for longer than a few days as at end of October I signed up for text alerts to find out how it was progressing re the problem - they stopped by 5 November but still hadn't sorted it.

The Virgin webmail issue is a different problem entirely to the recent fault with the virgin.net email domain.   In order to maintain access to your virgin.net email address it needs to be linked to your paid for VM broadband account.  So if this is the upgrade that you have just applied for you need to call them up and make sure they link your old (presumably dial up) virgin.net email to your new broadband account.  A TV and or phone line contract without broadband does not come with the free email account add on.

FrankieBeee
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I do have a virgin.net account though for my email (I always thought that was a webmail account) but things began being forwarded but as I've noticed not everything does (after I got a stroppy message from someone asking for their stuff despite me giving them my gmail address and then trying to search for it in the virgin account takes forever, as always virgin seems to take up my time just when I thought that problem was behind me).

Using (free) gmail over past 3 weeks I realize how much better it is than the service I paid for with virgin was.

0 Kudos