Menu
authentic8
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Authentication denied via smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

I have configured Thunderbird as below to send 3rd party domain email via smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

Server name: smtp.blueyonder.co.uk
Port: 465
User Name: [Original @blueyonder.co.uk address]
Authentication method: Normal password
Connection security: SSL/TLS

However, Thunderbird is logging the following:

SMTP Response: 525 Authentication Denied (VM304)

It has not worked for several weeks.

(I have use of a 3rd party SMTP server but it is often blocked by recipients)

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
authentic8
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Authentication denied via smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

Upon further reading in the forum I was also able to solve this problem by logging into My Virgin account and creating a new email account @virginmedia.com and using the smtp.virginmedia.com mail server instead.

It's a pity the mailbox account cleanup was done without informing those whose mailboxes were about to be closed. Perhaps it was but we don't recall seeing messages about it. We have a non-VM email address on the profile that is checked regularly.

0 Kudos

All Replies
authentic8
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Given other threads on this topic revealing the 90 days unused email deletion policy I would have created a new VM email account but when logging in to the webmail account I just get "Your mailbox is not available at the moment." This has also been the case for a couple of weeks.
0 Kudos
authentic8
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Upon further reading in the forum I was also able to solve this problem by logging into My Virgin account and creating a new email account @virginmedia.com and using the smtp.virginmedia.com mail server instead.

It's a pity the mailbox account cleanup was done without informing those whose mailboxes were about to be closed. Perhaps it was but we don't recall seeing messages about it. We have a non-VM email address on the profile that is checked regularly.

0 Kudos