Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
cml20
Helpful Answer

Attempting to sign in but wont let me

Every time I attempt to log into my email on my laptop it starts to load as if it will open, then on top left clicks up message virgin media single sign in.........clicks then says redirecting but then thats where it stops.

it keeps clicking redirecting over and over. you can tell it's trying to load but just cant quite do it.

The problem is I know it must be a setting or something on my laptop as when I use my daughters laptop i can sign in no problem.

please help.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Eric_T

Re: Attempting to sign in but wont let me

I think the SSO cookies can sometimes get in a tangle, especially if you log on to more than one VM account on the computer.

Try logging in to My Virgin Media, and then specifically logging out from it. That fixed it for me as I recall. Alternatively, if you are using IE8, try logging in with the "In Private Browsing" option which seems to keep the set of cookies isolated from other sessions. The other alternaitve if you know the account is on the new Google system is to log in to http://mail.ntlworld.com (or the equivalent for other email types.)  That bypasses some of the main page login code. Having done that once might fix the normal route.

Eric

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
cml20

Ive tried the in private browsing & logging in direct from link but thats not working....

The trouble is my knowledge is very basic and maybe im just missing something really simple...lol

Thankyou very much for your suggestions and I will keep persevering...

Christie

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Eric_T

Next things I would suggest are:

Install Firefox and try it from that.

If Firefox works but you prefer to use IE8, you could clear some of the saved data to reset it. Go to Tools>Internet Options and on the general tab there is a section for browsing history. Press the Delete... button and you get a list of things you can clear. The most likely issue is with the cookies, but it is safe to clear everything provided you are not relying on it to remember passwords for which you don't have any other record. It will just slow the display of sites the first time ypu go to them.

Eric 

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
cml20

Ty Ty Ty.....lol

Changing to Firefox has worked a treat.

I did attempt to clear out saved data as suggested but that didnt work so i went with the firefox and happily Im now back on email....

You're help has been most gratefully appreciated.

Christie :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.