Menu
sdu60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Archiving inbox and sent box

I can't find any of my archived messages on webmail but they still appear in an archive folder on my pc. (Imac and Outlook 2007) I  go to the webmail page for my inbox and then to archive and request that messages older than 90 days be archived. On clicking this nothing appears to happen on the web page but the messages are correctly put into the "archive folder" on the pc. ie all messages older than 10/12/2016 go into a 2016 folder.No archive folder appears on the webpage.

When I wanted to set up an archive folder for sent messages nothing seems to happen. No folder is created and no messages are moved.

Something is wrong with the system or something has been changed recently as previously I could look at an archive folder on the webmail.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Archiving inbox and sent box

Webmail's instability, a more often occurrence than not, maybe causing this, try reloading the web page by pressing Ctrl + Shift + R to bypass your web browser's cache. If that does not resolve the issue then check , Settings, Emails, Change subscriptions (located towards bottom of web page),  and make sure the Archive folder is selected (ticked).

If the Archive/Year folder is already created then archived messages are moved there regardless of which folder they came from.

FYI, do not rely on Virgin Media as a store for archived email messages as there is no recover process if messages go missing.

0 Kudos
sdu60
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the suggestions, however neither had any obvious effect. Today (24 h later) I checked again and archive messages do now appear on the web page. This seems typical of the Virgin email system.

My archive only puts 90 day old "inbox" messages into the archive folder. Messages in the "sent" folder do not get archived. Is this normal?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sdu60 wrote:

My archive only puts 90 day old "inbox" messages into the archive folder. Messages in the "sent" folder do not get archived. Is this normal?

Yes that is how the archive functionality works in webmail; each folder / sub-folder has to be individually selected and archived.

0 Kudos