Menu
Granada
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any idea what this rubish is

Email Template

Good news! You've successfully set up Mark ***** with a new My Virgin Media account and their own Virgin Media email address.

They can now sign into their account and access their Virgin Media emails, along with any other online services you've set up for them.

Pass it on

Just pass on the details to the new account holder and they can sign in with them. They'll need to type in their username, accountdata@virginmedia.com, and the password you chose for them. Once they've signed in, they can change these details.

Want to set up another account?

If you'd like to set up more accounts and get extra Virgin Media email addresses, just visit the My Profile area in My Virgin Media.

Got any questions about My Virgin Media? You'll find all the answers at virginmedia.com/help.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Never herd of the guy,getting bombarded with rubish.

Dave

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
David1955
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Any idea what this rubish is

Mark as Junk

Any other emails from Virgin could also be Junked as well, just look at your bill next time and go or stay, as the emails you get could say "we are upgrading this or that", "give you this extra FREE", then next time time they email they say your charges are going up

0 Kudos
Granada
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

David1955 wrote:

Mark as Junk

Any other emails from Virgin could also be Junked as well, just look at your bill next time and go or stay, as the emails you get could say "we are upgrading this or that", "give you this extra FREE", then next time time they email they say your charges are going up

Your right there ,looking around Now £50 a month for freeview and broadband is a joke.Been with this company for years,my first mistake.

0 Kudos
Granada
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

David1955

Interesting username

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Granada wrote:

Email Template

Good news! You've successfully set up Mark ***** with a new My Virgin Media account and their own Virgin Media email address.

They can now sign into their account and access their Virgin Media emails, along with any other online services you've set up for them.

Pass it on

Just pass on the details to the new account holder and they can sign in with them. They'll need to type in their username, accountdata@virginmedia.com, and the password you chose for them. Once they've signed in, they can change these details.

Want to set up another account?

If you'd like to set up more accounts and get extra Virgin Media email addresses, just visit the My Profile area in My Virgin Media.

Got any questions about My Virgin Media? You'll find all the answers at virginmedia.com/help.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Never herd of the guy,getting bombarded with rubish.

Dave

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

That is precisely the format of the email that the primary account holder is sent when they set up a secondary account (and based on your post doesn't look like a fake email).  So if you have received this and you did not set up the secondary account then it would suggest that your account details have been compromised and that some other party has access to your primary account details. 

You need to act on this quickly, read this help page for advice:   http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=2080958B-EA85-40B5-B338-694D2F2ADA1B  Change your own password and security questions.  If you can still access your My Virgin Media account then delete the secondary account that the unknown person has set up.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Graham's spot on.

If you've created an e-mail account for another family member then this message is letting you know it's set up.

If you've not created an additional e-mail account then you MUST go into my.virginmedia.com/profile and change your password AND security question.

In addition go to manage accounts and delete the additional account.  Also report the breach here netreport.virginmedia.com under e-mail account hijacking.

Last but not least you need to check any and all computers and devices you use for malware.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Granada
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks changed password,deleted other account .in prosses of doing other bits now.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

David1955 wrote:

Mark as Junk

@David1955 Your advice here is actually very dangerous.  The mail appears to be a genuine one from Virgin Notifying the user that someone has added an email address to their account.

Note that the only way to do this is to have access to the main account username and password.  So advising them to junk it, is advising them to ignore a potentially serious breach of their account.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Granada,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

And thanks for following the excellent advice of our Superusers - Graham_A & ravenstar68.

I'd like to discuss this in more detail with you, in private. So please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) when you have a chance and we'll get this whole thing sorted out.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos