Menu
Korrupt
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Amazon emails bouncing

Over the last few months I've noticed that some of my Amazon emails are not being delivered to my Virgin Media email account. Having raised the issue with Amazon recently they informed me that some of the emails were bouncing and that I should contact my ISP.

When I contacted Virgin Media through the web chat the person I spoke to said that they would raise an investigation and get back to me in 48 hours. However 2 weeks later and I still haven't heard anything which is most disappointing.

I'd appreciate any help on this matter.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon emails bouncing

Hello Korrupt

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having difficulties receiving emails from Amazon, we will do our best to help.

To start please would you check that you have the spam folder on webmail enabled and any future missing emails are not located in there as in this post please Non Delivery of emails to Virgin Customers

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Korrupt
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. To answer your question: the missing emails are not in the spam folder.

I receive approximately 50% of the emails I should be getting from Amazon. However the 50% I do receive can sometimes take up to 12 hours to arrive. The other 50% which I don't receive are bouncing according to Amazon customer services.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Korrupt, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies the advice above from Nicola made no difference. 

The only other thing I can suggest is to potentially set up a new folder within Webmail and then create a rule so the mail moves in to here. 

To set up a folder within Webmail > go to the left hand margin on My Folders, there are 3 little lines. Click there and select New Sub Folder. Rename this to Amazon Mails and then click on add. 

To create the rule go to Settings > Email Filter Rules > Create a new rule > Under conditions, choose sender / from and put in Amazon's email address in here. Add the condition. Under action > Add Action > Select Move to folder > And then select the newly created Amazon Mails folder. Save this. 

I'm hoping that the mails will automatically come through. 

If you are still having an issue after trying this, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Korrupt
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll try out what you've mentioned and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Korrupt
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Unfortunately it didn't work. My emails from Amazon are still being delivered very late and some are not arriving at all.

0 Kudos
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Really simple solution to this problem.

Set up a new email account with Gmail (or just about anybody you can think of apart from Virgin Media!) change the email address on your Amazon account and all will work like a well oiled machine.

Virgin Media are a total laughing stock over their email system for the last 12 months - and they still can't sort out the problems. Incompetence of the highest degree!!

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Korrupt, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies the advice above from Nicola made no difference. 

The only other thing I can suggest is to potentially set up a new folder within Webmail and then create a rule so the mail moves in to here. 

To set up a folder within Webmail > go to the left hand margin on My Folders, there are 3 little lines. Click there and select New Sub Folder. Rename this to Amazon Mails and then click on add. 

To create the rule go to Settings > Email Filter Rules > Create a new rule > Under conditions, choose sender / from and put in Amazon's email address in here. Add the condition. Under action > Add Action > Select Move to folder > And then select the newly created Amazon Mails folder. Save this. 

I'm hoping that the mails will automatically come through. 

If you are still having an issue after trying this, let us know.

Thanks,

If Virgin Media are "bouncing" the emails before they reach the recipients mailbox (which appears to be highly likely), how will creating rules to direct emails to a specific folder help if the emails are being rejected before they reach the inbox?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Korrupt
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can this issue now be escalated because it's obviously not a problem at my end.

0 Kudos
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Escalated to where? Nobody at Virgin Media has a clue how to sort out the multiple problems with their email system. It was introduced this time last year and all the faults with it have been highlighted by frustrated PAYING CUSTOMERS for most of the last 12 months - yet Virgin seem clueless at resolving the problems.

0 Kudos