Menu
babandadoo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After being hacked

Hi guys - having been hacked, had no help from virgin phoning 150 all week called into virgin media shop this evening.  Got good help and found out that whilst I had managed to reset my password earlier in the week, hacker had set all my emails in my in box to be forwarded to him or her, ########@163.com you b******d.  When I now go on my emails on the virgin website all seems ok, but when I go on mail on my iPad I can receive but not send emails.  Any ideas?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: After being hacked

You need to change the SMTP password on the IPad - See my post here for a detailed description of how to do this.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-D...

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

babandadoo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks you're a star!
0 Kudos
JBSmith
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not happy ,phone was hacked last week ,got into bank accounts.Have phoned Virgin every day .Not had one call from Virgin to give me updates.Cant use mobile for anything.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nothing to do with e-mail. Post again in please in the Mobile phone section of this Forum.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.