Menu
JulieAEvans
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Adding an attachment to an email

I'm experiencing real difficulty in adding attachments to my emails. Although it looks as if the attachments are there, I cannot preview them and they do not get sent with the email itself. Why is this? The documents I want to attached have been scanned and I can open them up in my pictures folder. I'd be grateful for any advice.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding an attachment to an email

what are you using to send/receive email?, e.g. windows live mail, via virginmedia website, thunderbird etc etc.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
JulieAEvans
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Thanks for getting back to me. I'm just using the virgin media website to send my email. Last night I sent someone an email and thought I'd attached some documents as they were showing up on the left hand side of the page as attachments, but I couldn't preview them and noticed after I sent the email, there was no 'paperclip' symbol with my email. I've been trying to do it again this afternoon and evening but still having the same problem. I click on 'add attachments', highlight the document, choose it and it ends up showing as an attachment. That's as far as it gets though. It can't be previewed as an attachment (although it can be viewed as a document in the folder where it is) and it won't send. I'd be grateful for any ideas.
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You could upload your documents to a host site eg Dropbox then all you need to do is include a link in your email.

Attachments are size limited in emails.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Webmail displays the following error message if the total size of attachments exceeds 25MB and the message remains unsent in the compose tab

2016-12-16-00.jpeg

0 Kudos
JulieAEvans
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your suggestion. I shall try it. The size of my attachments is not the problem though, by the way. They are each only one sheet of A4.
0 Kudos
JulieAEvans
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I did not receive that message as the attachments are only small - just one page each, size A4.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Preview only works for certain file types when composing, for example, a PDF cannot be previewed but a JPEG files can.

To troubleshoot the issue try this:

1. Click Compose
  2. Add attachments
  3. Click Save
  4. Go to Drafts folder and confirm attachments exist and can be previewed (where file format is supported)
  5. Click Edit draft
  6. Send email preferably to another of your email addresses where delivery of attachments can be confirmed
0 Kudos