Menu
Craig3558
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Account name change problems

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I recently changed ownership on my account due to moving house. My house mate took over the account and I was told my email address which I've held for 7 years and use daily would be safe as it's on the same account as my house mate though I can transfer it to my parents account.I filled out the forms and sent them in. 

4 days after the transfer was complete my email stopped working and I could no longer access it. I rang tech support who passed my on to customer services who then passed me back to tech support. After 2 hours on the phone getting passed arourd, no one could help. All I have been told is my email address is deleted and unable to get it back. The answer I got was just open a new email account. I have very important files and contacts saved as well as personal information. Airline bookings and hotels.

Virgin just don't seem bothered. Can anyone suggest away I can get these back?

kind regards

craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account name change problems

Hi Craig,

I am so sorry about this as our providing the correct information is paramount if issues like this are to be avoided.

A name change on an account is probably misleading, as the original account is disconnected and a new one, in the new name, created. 

The original email addresses are left on the old account, though can be moved over with the permission of both account holders.

I'll send you a PM in a moment (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting details privately. I'll then take a look and see if an email account transfer is possible.

Get back to me when you can Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos