Menu
roadgiant
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Account locked text message puzzle?

Recently on a couple of my e-mail accounts I have received undelivered e-mail notifications regarding mail not sent by me to completely unknown addresses and came to the conclusion that my e-mail addresss were being spoofed

Around a week ago I received a text message(while out at work) from Virgin on my mobile saying :-

"We've been alerted your Virgin Media Mail account may have been used to send Spam. Your accounts (I have 7 current e-mail addresses ) been locked, to reset your password go to virginmedia.com/lock "

On returning home I changed all my passwords

I had the same message again today and on returning home, tested every single e-mail account using another e-mail address I have which is not connected to virgin at all.
I was able to send and recieve e-mails with no problem at all.

I am slightly confused why I am getting this message again when in actual fact none of the e-mail accounts are locked?

Thanks for any replies
RG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account locked text message puzzle?

Hi roadgiant, 

Thanks for getting in touch I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with the account being locked. 

Take a look at What do I do if I think my email account has been accessed by someone else? 

When you change your password make sure you also change your security questions. 

It would also be a good idea to check for any unknown forwarding and filters on webmail and client mail on all devices. 

Please also scan all devices for malware. 

Let us know how you get on. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos