Menu
LadyK72
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Account hacked and inaccessible

I had my phone set up to receive emails sent to mo my Virgin email address, but last week I received an error message stating that my emails couldn't be retrieved due to a password issue. I haven't changed my email but I tried to access my Virgin Media account to solve the problem but I can't access my account as it states that my password is wrong (I know I didn't get it wrong as it's been the same for years). I attempted to fix the problem but when the site asked me my security question, it said my response is wrong (it's my Mother's maiden name so I know my answer is correct as of course her maiden name was and always will be the same. I presume that my account has been hacked but it seems to be physically impossible to speak to anyone who can help. What can I do to solve the issue?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account hacked and inaccessible

Hi LadyK72,

Thanks for coming to our Forum for help with this, welcome on board Smiley Happy

First thing I should mention is that answers to security questions on our site are case sensitive. I believe that the question you refer to should be replied to in block capitals. 

If that doesn't help please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll see what next step we can take.
By the way, what phone are you using - android or IOS?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
LadyK72
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account hacked and inaccessible

Hi,

I tried entering my security answer in block capitals but I still get told that my answer is wrong. I'm using a standard android email app that was pretty installed on the phone and was working perfectly until my account password was changed by someone.
Any assistance I can get to resolve this issue would be much appreciated. Very concerned that someone has access to my personal details and could also possibly sending emails as though they're coming from me.
Thanks.
0 Kudos