Menu
toxicjames
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Accessing old blueyonder email account

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me access an old blueyonder email account, as I need it to verify something I haven't used in years. It is one of the aliases to the master account. When I log in to my virgin media with the master email and password, the alias doesn't show up. I'm guessing it's been lost during the migration to virgin media and over the many years I haven't used it.

Thank you for your assistance,

James

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing old blueyonder email account

Hi James,

Welcome to our Forum, glad you've found you way to us Smiley Happy

In My Virgin Media your alias's should be listed under the My Profile tab - My Services > Virgin Media Mail > Alternate email addresses.

They should also be listed on our systems so that is the first thing I'd like to check. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll see what I can find out for you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing old blueyonder email account

My wife has one of these old blueyonder aliases. All It does is attract occasional spam which ends up in her mail email webmail inbox.

Is there anyway we can safely get the alias removed with no damage to the primary. They differ only by one period.

Main is firstname.lastname@blueyonder .The alias is the same but without the full stop separator.

I don't think we can write a web mail rule that detects incoming only to the alias ?

I also have a theory that because she never sends from the alias, someone else is now using it ,as we get spam aimed at some American lady with the same name. E.g. mylife.com had the alias linked to some USA resident.

0 Kudos