Menu
JennyL
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Accessing emails via Microsoft Edge

This morning I cannot access my Virgin Media emails via Microsoft Edge. Whichever rote I use to open them, it just comes up 'Forbidden'. I can access them perfectly on my phone and I can open them on my laptop via Googlechrome, but I can't forward emails when I am using Googlechrome (that has always been the case and the reason why I changed to Microsoft Edge)

Does anyone know why there is this problem with Microsoft Edge today? (I can open other websites OK, even my Virgin Media account, but just not the emails)

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Accessing emails via Microsoft Edge

Did you then completely close down the Edge browser and reload it from scratch?  If that doesn't work, reboot your computer.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Put "Forbidden" into the search box at the top of the page. Hit Search and you'll get about 100 hits most of which say - Clear your browser's cache AND cookies. 

Why can't you forward emails in Chrome? What happens when you try to do this?

Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've just logged into my email using MS Edge without any problems.?

Strange that it is not working for you?

0 Kudos
JennyL
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can view the emails perfectly in Gogglechrome, but if I try to forward an email, it won't forward the email properly. It will only forward the text in a fashion but will not forward any photos or other images.

0 Kudos
JennyL
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've cleared the cache and cookies as you suggested and tried to open my emails. They still won't open, the three dots in the centre are just going round, but at least it doesn't say forbidden any more.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Did you then completely close down the Edge browser and reload it from scratch?  If that doesn't work, reboot your computer.

0 Kudos
JennyL
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It still wouldn't work when I just closed the browser, but I have now rebooted and it seems to be working alright.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

Jenny

0 Kudos