Menu
Tim-H
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Access issue, hangs on blank appsuite screen

As if it isn't bad enough being treated like a performing CHIMP with this damned stupid captcha nonsense, it would be helpful if, after I eventually get through the pick a pizza/car/shopfront/skyscraper/roadsign/whatever etc, my email was actually presented to me. It would be a nice reward after having entered my user name, password,spun round three times on my head, legs akimbo, signed the official secrets act and played the infantile time wasting captcha game (yes I do know what it is all about). There are better security solutions around and less insulting to the intelligence too.

But no. I get stuck with a blank white screen with three pulsating grey dots on it...................................................... FOREVER. All I want is my email. The address bar shows an address ending in appsuite/#  and that's it!

If I drove to lands end and back (I'm in the north west of England) I would still be presented with this blank screen and not my email.

I use Firefox browser because I like it. I will not change it. Over time I have tried I.E, Firefox, Opera, even that Chrome abortion among other lesser known ones but I always end up back with Firefox so don't suggest I try a different browser. My version of Firefox is fully up to date with the latest version.

I don't keep cookies. They get deleted automatically when I close my browser as does the cache, so that is not the problem either.

All I want to do is access my email with the minimum of fuss just as I do with other web mail services I use. Is that too much to ask? It appears so. As it is, I have to constantly keep trying throughout the day just on the off-chance that one attempt to access my email might be successful.

SDC
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access issue, hangs on blank appsuite screen

Try a refresh (hit F5 or Ctrl+F5) - it won't fix the world of hurt caused by VM's cr@p system but it usually kickstarts the page so that your mail loads.

If you're lucky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

...and/or you could try the "Reload Every" add-on for Firefox. Mine still works (others report that theirs doesn't, after FF updates), other similar add-ons are available.

YMMV, of course.

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
Tim-H
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies SDC. I'll try the F5/Ctl+F5 work around. Anything's worth a try. It appears VM are reluctant to solve the issue as this has been going on for months.

I've come to the conclusion it would be less inconvenient and might better preserve my sanity simply to use Mozilla Thunderbird to avoid all the time wasting cr@p.

Actually isn't this VM's second attempt at trying their own email system? I think they attempted it and then dumped it in favour of Google's system, and now this junk. Ah well, maybe third time lucky..... who knows?

I might try the reload addons idea too. Shouldn't take long  as I don't use many.

0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tim-H wrote:

Actually isn't this VM's second attempt at trying their own email system?

I'm not entirely sure that they can count that high Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Tim-H
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SDC wrote:

I'm not entirely sure that they can count that high Smiley LOL

Well, yes it might be asking a lot but there's always a slim chance............ y'know - ever the optimist, Smiley LOL

Actually, you prompted me to check my add ons etc, and I found that Firefox was grumbling about my version of Roboform, so I updated it and got into my email with no problem or damned captcha mini game. At least this time. Of course it might just be coincidence but I'll see how it goes now.

Thanks again for the tips.

0 Kudos