Menu
evrhopefl
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Abroad in Spain I can send and receive texts but cannot receive any Emails.

Abroad in Spain I can send and receive texts but cannot receive any Emails.  On my return I receive Emails from Microsoft to say that there has been unusual activity on my mobile so they have blocked access to my inbox.    The recent activity is me trying to use free wifi in the hotel to gain access to my Emails.   To regain access I need to confirm that the recent activity was mine.  BUT as I do not receive the Email until I get home I am left with no access to any.  Is the problem with Microsoft and Outlook and if so how do I contact them?  Or, can I sort it out on my mobile and Virgin.  I pay a small monthly contract with Virgin and as you can guess I am not clued up about anything to do with my mobile.  I have not tried to use my mobile to 'phone anyone whilst abroad.  I have never had the need to do so.  My 'phone is a Huawei P8lite.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Abroad in Spain I can send and receive texts but cannot receive any Emails.

Hi evrhopefl,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your mobile service while abroad and are now unable to access your email. Has this been sorted out for you?

If you are still experiencing a problem with this, please let me know. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Abroad in Spain I can send and receive texts but cannot receive any Emails.

Reading your post the first thing I have to ask is - does the email account belong to Virgin Media or is it an Outlook.com account?

If the latter then the best people to talk to are Microsoft, however I have done some digging for you and have found out two pieces of information.

1.  There are phishing emails doing the rounds which are made to look like they come from Microsoft, so if you do get such an email DO NOT FOLLOW ANY LINKS IN THEM - no matter how genuine the emails look.

2. Microsoft do in fact lock access to accounts in order to protect them if they notice a pattern of unusual sign in activity.  Here's their official page describing what to do if you find your Microsoft account has been blocked.

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Unblock-my-Outlook-com-account-f4ad2701-d166-4d8b-8a6a-9af2...

Note that they'll never ask you for your password via email.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos