Menu
wizzard93
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

453 Too Many Recipients (VM501)

Hi

I have recently started to get this bounceback on a group email of 10 using Microsoft outlook I send out when connected to my work wifi.

If I create a mobile hotspot and connect my laptop to that then the email goes through fine (I am on virgin mobile)

This only started about 2 weeks ago prior to that I had no issues sending to the group and it tends to be the only email I send each day

Any support would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 453 Too Many Recipients (VM501)

Hi wizzard93,

Really sorry about the sending error you're getting.

The VM501/453 error usually indicates too many recipients within an hour. But this shouldn't be triggered if you're only sending out to 10 recipients. 
I suspect it may be something to do with Outlook's sending IP range which we should be able to update.

I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting the Header data from you. As soon as I have this I should be able to determine what we need to do to get this resolved.

Looking forward to your reply Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
wizzard93
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

This was sorted in January but I have started to get the same error code and bounce backs again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi wizzard93,

Ahh sorry that this has recurred.
I'd like to know:

• How many recipients are included on the email that is returning the 453 error (include all in the CC and BC fields).
  • Where you were sending from (the UK or abroad?)
  • If you were sending from your home connection or other (mobile network for instance)
  • And if you were sending from a client, app or via webmail?

Also please provide the personal information I've requested in my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll see what's caused this and if we need to take any corrective action.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos