Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Noggy1

Unable to connect to Internet from Sony Bravia TV via Super Hub

Hi

I have recently joined Virgin Media, and I have the complete package. My Internet enabled Sony Bravia TV cannot connect to the Internet. When I select the Internet, after trying to make a connection it says that the Internet Connection cannot be confirmed, and then says error.

Prior to using Virgin, I had an ordinary phone line with an ADSL modem and it was all fine! The router I have now is a Netgear VMDG480.

Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mickjh

Re: Unable to connect to Internet from Sony Bravia TV via Super Hub

hard wired mine strieght from my super=hub

Please use plain text.
Crafty
Garnett

I'm having the same problem. TV is plugged straight into the Superhub. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

if you log into the hub via http://192.168.0.1 username admin password changeme click on device connection status does it show your tv, since you need to make its using dynamic ip address eg should show eg 192.168.0.x.. this x being number 2+

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Crafty
Garnett

Scratch that - On the TV, I went to Network settings and followed the instructions to automatically connect, and it's all good.

I think the problem stems from me switching from a differnet ISP and that ISPs kit - presumably used different ports or something.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
malindihale

Re: Unable to view internet content from Sony Bravia TV via Super Hub

I've also just had the new virginmedia superhub installed and can't get my sony Bravia tv to refresh internet content.  IThe tv has connected to the internet, but when I actually try to refresh the content, I am unable to do so and given errror 2200.  Been going round in circles for hours. Every other device in the house has connected successfully - as, has the telly - and, on the one attempt when it seemed to refresh the content, nothing happened - no iplayer, no  YouTube etc etc.  What do I try next?  

Please use plain text.