Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Crafty
drcce2001
Helpful Answer

Manual for Superhub

[ Edited ]

I recently received the new Virgin Netgear Superhub. The installation guide does not enlighten the user about the significance of the various lights on the front of the hub.

I was told by tech support that the middle green light must be stable for Internet access to be established. And when access to the web was established the top green light turned bright blue.

Is there a manual that can be downloaded that explains what each light actually signifies?

And why does the top blue light and the bottom green light flash occassinally even when my PC is switched off?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: Manual for Superhub

drcce2001 wrote:

I recently received the new Virgin Netgear Superhub. The installation guide does not enlighten the user about the significance of the various lights on the front of the hub.

I was told by tech support that the middle green light must be stable for Internet access to be established. And when access to the web was established the top green light turned bright blue.

Is there a manual that can be downloaded that explains what each light actually signifies?

And why does the top blue light and the bottom green light flash occassinally even when my PC is switched off?

Thanks

This should help :smileywink:

What do the lights on the Virgin Media Super Hub mean?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Crafty
drcce2001

thanks very much for the link.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
drcce2001

[ Edited ]

I have an ethernet connection from PC to the hub. The ethernet light on the hub is amber indicating a connection speed of 100 Mbps. I am on the Virgin 30 Mbps broadband service. Is amber the expected colour for this?

Why does the blue Traffic light flash occasionally even when my PC is switched off?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

drcce2001 wrote:

I have an ethernet connection from PC to the hub. The ethernet light on the hub is amber indicating a connection speed of 100 Mbps. I am on the Virgin 30 Mbps broadband service. Is amber the expected colour for this?

Why does the blue Traffic light flash occasionally even when my PC is switched off?

You would need a Gigabit ethernet card in your PC for the light on the ethernet port to be Green.
The reason the lights blink occasionally is just routine 'is anything there' type traffic.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Crafty
drcce2001

But a gigabit ethernet card is surely not necessary for a 30 Mbps service? Or is there some advantage that I am not aware of to having such a card for a 30Mbps broadband conenction?

Isn't a 1000 Mbps option merely future proofing the Superhub for a time when a 1000 Mbps broadband service vecomes availabele?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
z3r0

___________________________________________________________________________________
drcce2001 wrote:

But a gigabit ethernet card is surely not necessary for a 30 Mbps service? Or is there some advantage that I am not aware of to having such a card for a 30Mbps broadband conenction?

Isn't a 1000 Mbps option merely future proofing the Superhub for a time when a 1000 Mbps broadband service vecomes availabele?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hope this helps clear it up a bit for you.

http://ask-leo.com/why_didnt_my_gigabit_network_card_result_in_better_performance.html

So in other words dont worry about making that amber light turn green to the point you will freak out ang buy a new Gigabit network card for your PC :smileyhappy:. It will not improve your actual connection to the internet. That is taken care of solely by the modem inside you router.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
debz1

hey thnx :smileywink: i now have 3 lights working which iz cool & thnx for a uncomplcated answer & now i can stop thinking abot the lightz lolz :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.