Menu
jasgaw
Joining in
Message 1 of 39
Flag for a moderator

virgin media harassment to customers

Really Virgin media....

I have been a loyal customer for some years, and recently suffered harassment from Virgin marketing. Yes Virgin you call me constantly from phone number 0800 408 9340. Seven calls at work and at home in the last 4 days!!.

I have registered with the TPS, and Virgin Media, you still call me, it appears that you think you can break the law, and still continue to harass your customers in this manner.

So all the people reading this may think that I have an outstanding debt with Virgin Media, well actually, no. I pay by direct debit, and have no outstanding bills.

A call to customer services did not help, despite them promising not to contact me again, and well into the evening yet more calls from Virgin Media.

Well Richard Branson, if your reading this give me your personal mobile number and I will constantly ring and harass you to see if you like it......

Unbelievable, is the only word I can think to describe your actions.....

I think some of your senior management team need sacking!

umbrokhan
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media harassment to customers

sorry to hear that pal.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I think that number is the Indian call center where they don't give a damn about people only numbers, it will be a commission based sale they are trying to do, in the hopes you will give up and accept so they get cash after so many calls.

And VM higher ups still think this doesn't go on, I have said before and say it again, Indians with customer data = fraud and marketing harassment constantly.

Technically they are doing it on behalf of VM, so you have every right to lodge a complaint with the TPS people who will then have serious words with VM or fine them. Only then if people do this will they get the idea that they better stop it, and be best to get rid of the call center in India once and for all.

Majide!
Miggs62
Joining in
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator

We have had something like that this week. At least 3 times this week an Indian lady has phoned my wife and then asked for me. They have all my contact details and yet they insist on calling my wife and are asking for me. They ask for me and tell my wife they have an upgrade for me. Come on Virgin, not good enough really. If you want me phone me and we will talk about it, don't phone my wife.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi jasgaw, 

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still being contacted even after requesting not too. 

I'd love to be able to sort this. 

I have sent you a PM on what to do next Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Marionette
Tuning in
Message 6 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I've had a similar experience this week. I noticed several missed calls to my mobile from the same 0800 number, and I just answered one. It was a lady with an Indian accent. She claimed to be from Virgin Media and asked for my password, which I didn't give, because I don't just give passwords to people I don't know who randomly ring me up, regardless of who they claim to be.

She then asked verification questions, which made it apparent that she did have details of my account, and asked me about my service. I explained about a problem I was having with my broadband, which she immediately ignored in favour of trying to sell me an upgrade to my broadband, which I had already ordered, along with a Tivo for the TV service I don't have.

It was almost funny the way she was telling me how I wouldn't have to pay anything for three months for a service I didn't want, but when I pointed out the logical implication that after three months I would have to pay for it, she offered to check how much it would cost me subsequently. I fear that by this point I raised my voice, since she appeared to be unable to hear me repeatedly saying that I didn't want the service, even if it was free, so finding out how much it would cost would be a waste of time. But I think it got through that time as she then said goodbye and terminated the call.

I don't object to Virgin calling me every three months or so to check I am happy with my service, or even to offer me an upgrade, but I expect them to take "no" for an answer.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marionette, 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. 

Whilst we will make a phone call from time to time to offer you other products that may be beneficial to you, we certainly wouldn't expect the agents to continue asking after you have decided no. 

Have you had any other phone calls of this nature? 

Let me know Smiley Happy

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gtimers
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 39
Flag for a moderator

had one of these calls...loved it...good offers...

best call in a while///

0 Kudos
hdavidso
Just joined
Message 9 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Over a period of 2 weeks I received up to 3 calls per day on my home phone and my mobile number from Virgin Media marketing. I did not take the calls after the first one had wasted 15minutes of my time with a pushy salesperson, convenient with the details/truth, tried to get me to agree to additional services and/or a renewed contract. Eventually, my wife started getting calls on her mobile, asking for me!

This is harassment and is unacceptable.

Today I took a call. Started with "I'm calling to save you money" and then tried to get me to buy Sky Sports. Had they started with "I'm calling to sell you something" I would have hung up earlier.

What can I do about this? 

Howard

0 Kudos
mart1969
Up to speed
Message 10 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I dont even have a landline anymore..the only people who ever called me on it were trying to flog things to me.Grrrr!

0 Kudos