Menu
cybmole
Community elder
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

so who's idea of fun was it to program the forum so that..

....it waits until you have typed in a long edit and hit submit, and only then says " Ha - you've run out of time to edit that" - 

helpfully destroying the text box in the process, so you have to start over... 

could it not at least say OK you have  x seconds to edit this post starting NOW...& not cheat Smiley Happy

& I still reckon it lies about there being new posts after choosing "mark all posts as read".

Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: so who's idea of fun was it to program the forum so that..

The other one that gets me is when you compose a reply and hit post only to be told that the original post has been moved by a Mod to another forum board and you've wasted your time!

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Moved:

Horsy moved your post to another part of the community just to experiment..... Dave_cq wrote: The other one that gets me is when you compose a reply and hit post only to be told that the original post has been moved by a Mod to another forum board and you've wasted your time! and I guess you lose your pending text in that case also. most forums, will , if moving a post, leave behind enough info for you to see what it was about , here it's just click bait as the entirely of the moved post is hidden., only the title remains.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

horseman wrote:
Horsy moved your post to another part of the community just to experiment..... Dave_cq wrote: The other one that gets me is when you compose a reply and hit post only to be told that the original post has been moved by a Mod to another forum board and you've wasted your time! and I guess you lose your pending text in that case also. most forums, will , if moving a post, leave behind enough info for you to see what it was about , here it's just click bait as the entirely of the moved post is hidden., only the title remains.

I think it has to be a post that hasn't been previously replied to.  So if you are the first reply and in the meantime a Mod has moved it all your text goes up in smoke.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I guess it rather depends who's doing the moving but normally you'd get a placeholder for a period of time that links to new location? (In this destination example you don't have access to it's new location) but any Mod/SU can make it re-appear in this scenario.

EDIT: and just to test the edit window..... this is 30min.....  ish? and I'd expect it to fail after 30min?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes, I was typing a 1st reply to a post today while, not known to me, a mod or SU was busy moving the post I was responding to .

so when I press submit i get a you cannot post here error, and ( as usual) all my text is lost, and then I see the dreaded this post has been moved....

0 Kudos